Another victory has been recorded at the
Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos
Following the arrest a lady for trying to
smuggle cocaine to India.
The female drug trafficker Rukayat Monilola
Yakub according to Punch
was found with 995 grammes of a white
powdery substance that tested positive for
cocaine.
Confirming the arrest, the agency Lagos airport
commander Ahmadu Garba said the suspect hid
the drugs inside her luggage.
“ The drug was neatly concealed behind the luggage
handle. It took both diligence and experience on the
part of the officers to detect the drug. The suspect is
cooperating with the team of narcotic investigators
and investigation is in progress .”
It was also gathered that the suspect after the
arrest confessed she was into clothing business
and was travelling to India by invitation of
boyfriend who promised to help in her quest for a
better life, but of course! With a price to pay.
She said, “ After my Junior Secondary School, I
could not further my education, so I began to sell
females clothes to sustain myself because I am not
married. I was able to save some money with which
I was able to start going to India to buy goods like
female shoes, hand bags and clothes.
“I do not have enough money to pay for my rent and
my landlord has been on my neck to pay or be
evicted. I have tried my best to get money but there
was no help. In the process of seeking for help, my
boyfriend in Mumbai promised to assist me on the
condition that I must bring a bag to him in India .

No comments:
Post a Comment