Monday, 26 October 2015

BLATTER TIPS ORJI UZOR KALU AS FIFA PRESIDENT

FIFA President Sepp Blatter, who is currently on suspension has publicly declared his support for former Abia State Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu to assume the prestigious position of FIFA President. Blatter said he finds Kalu very qualified and interesting, stressing that Kalu is not only a successful businessman but also a politician with massive contacts that has the capacity to turn the association around.

In his exact words with Swiss Radio. "The
position of the FIFA president is too
important to be left to just anybody. I
have heard of some candidates who
want to take over from me. But I find
the Businessman from Nigeria Kalu
very qualified and interesting because
he is not only a businessman, but a
politician with lots of contacts and
corporate experience. He can bring
his great experiences to bear in the
running of world football.
He is passionate about the game. I
remember how he sponsored one of
Nigerian clubs to win the CAF
championship twice. He is a man that
can take world football to the next
level".
Kalu has not officially declared his interest said Blatter, stressing that it was in the interest of Africa to nominate him because of his passion for football. He finally said and I quot
“If Africa hopes
to win the support of other
federations, then they must queue
behind the Nigerian business man.
Football has developed beyond just
anybody taking over.

No comments:

Post a Comment